by Olga SE
I have good news and I’m happy to share it with you: my blog has been awarded by Monica Welch at Word Nymph. I enjoy Monica’s blog and read it whenever I have some time to spare. So it rejoiced me to discover that Monica considers my blog deserving the award. Thank you very much, Monica!
I can’t remember receiving any awards before, though it may be that I’m not thinking hard enough. But it is definitely the first blogging award I have ever received and I’m so full of pride that I’m going to complete all the requirements the award entails though I’m not pressured in any way to that.
1. Thank the blogger who gave the award and link to his or her blog. I’ve just done that.
2. Share seven things about yourself. Well, let me think…
- The first thing I had to do after receiving the award was to look up the meaning of the word “versatile”. But now I’m going to remember that I am “capable of doing many things competently” and my blog “embraces a variety of subjects or fields”.
- When I started this blog, unlike my blog in Russian, I had no idea what I was going to write about.
- When I had just launched this blog, it seemed to me there was not a single English-speaking blogger on whose blog I might leave a comment because all the comments I received were spam and each blog I visited had VERY strange content. By now I have discovered many nice blogs and have come to believe that native English-speakers are just like me.
- Recently I have nearly run out of ideas for blog posts but now I believe that the award will help me to trigger my imagination and productivity as a blogger.
- I’m thinking of reorganizing my blog so I believe in a few months you are going to see it changed.
- I’m studying Drupal and find it very difficult and thrilling at the same time. It is taking a lot of my time and energy but I enjoy it.
- I have recently left my job at the University where I have been working (I can’t even bring myself to say “worked” yet) for ten years and which I loved dearly.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers and link to them. I will do that with pleasure as now I know quite a number of bloggers who are really versatile and deserve this award.
- 1000 Petals – an interesting blog devoted to Axinia’s experience in meditation, her understanding of eastern philosophy and many other things
- Actual Amy – Amy’s wonderful blog about “learning to accept, embrace and enjoy the person you actually are”
- Chica Andaluza – a lively blog dealing with cooking, sewing, vegetable growing and other activities that accompany turning from “City Slicka to Spanish Chica”
- Mindful Productivity – Beverley’s inspirational blog focusing on effective living, achievement strategies, awareness, simplicity and much more
- My Busy Children – a family blog where Marina shares her two daughters’ daily activities
- Not Just a Granny – an adventurous blog by Cindy, a passionate traveller, “enthusiastic photographer” and “all round lover of life”
- Pearl’s Twirl – Ariana’s personal blog on quite a variety of topics
- The Art of Living – Cameron Brooks’ blog covering such topics as art, literature, teaching, to name just a few
- The Smart Passive Income Blog – a very friendly blog where Pat shares his experience as a full-time blogger
- Two Hour Blogger – Martyn Chamberlin’s action-provoking blog that has changed my perception of blogging more than once
- Worth Saying – a thrilling blog that has to do with “real-life experiments in productivity & positive thinking”
- Write in Color – Melody Godfred’s colourful blog about writing
You are free to do whatever you want with the award: you can pretend it doesn’t exist or write a post about it. Whichever way you choose, please don’t feel obliged to pass on the award, it is not necessary at all. Only do it if you feel like doing it.
4. Comment on their blogs to tell them of the award. I’m already proceeding to.